Friday, October 17, 2008

Mom's Runza Casserole!!!



Mom was not kidding everyone loved the Runza Casserole, she posted on her webpage - http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/


Runza Casserole


3 cans crescent rolls (I only use 2 cans) I used 2 also Perfect amount for 9X13


2 lbs. hamburger


onion to taste I chopped up one whole onion


4 cups shredded cabbage ( or you can use packaged cole slaw mix) I used half a cabbage


2 cups shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese. Or a mix of both. Swiss would be good also. i used Monetary Jack I had left from a nummy chicken enchilada casserole, I will post later:)


3 full carrots i added these, and shredded them with my cabbage( pretty much the same as my egg roll recipe, which i will try to post this weekend)

I also added 2 cloves of garlic for flavor!






Brown hamburger with onions. Drain. Salt and pepper to taste. Add cabbage to hamburger mixture and steam until cabbage is done. Place half of the crescent rolls in the bottom of a well greased 9x13 pan to form bottom crust. Put cabbage and hamburger mixture on top and then add cheese and cover all with the remaining crescent rolls. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Cover with foil the last 10 minutes so the rolls don't burn.

1 comment:

HDMac said...

I am glad that you tried it and that everyone liked it! Such a simple recipe and yet it is a pleasant surprise! :)