Sunday, November 2, 2008

12 Weeks of Christmas - Caramel Corn




Here is my Caramel Popcorn recipe! My whole family loves it and begs me to make it, all the time! Some of my family likes it with peanuts, others do not! So I make one half batch with peanuts, and one half without! I personally love it with the peanuts. It seems to add an Little extra flavor to the whole thing, that i really like!




INGREDIENTS
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 quarts popped popcorn

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (95 degrees C). Place popcorn in a very large bowl.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla. Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat.
Place in two large shallow baking dishes and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.


3 comments:

HDMac said...

That looks sooooo good! Great pic of it! Do you have any left? I'll be over to get some! :) I'll have it without peanuts. Bet almonds or cashews or both would be good too! :)

Nikki said...

thank you for sharing! My mother-in-law always makes caramel corn, but this year we live over 1,000 miles away from her. So, I'm planning on making my own.

Unknown said...

Hi, just came over via your comment. I have been on your mom's site too in the past. Neat that you are both blogging. I have been reading the back posts and this one caught my eye. I have been thinking of trying a caramel corn recipe, I saved this post to my favourite recipes to try. Thanks

http://www.organizingconnection.com/Read/TheOrganizingBlog/tabid/71/EntryID/181/Default.aspx