Monday, November 24, 2008

Shopping Strategies for the 12 Weeks 2 Christmas




My Shopping, is pretty much, Whatever I can find on clearance.


As the kids are getting older this is getting more difficult, but I do what I can! Right before Christmas, at a lot of stores many things are being clearanced out, to make room for the Christmas things, coming in!


This year I have found all my 12 year old & 5 month old daughters gifts in the clearance @ Wallmart, Fred Meyer, and Target.


I haven't had as much luck with my 9 year old son, and my 13 year old daughter. I have found a couple little items, for them and stocking stuffers, though!


Now the items I haven't gotten yet, I am hoping to find the day after Thanksgiving! If I don't find them , then It will probably just help me change my mind and get them something else:)


I used to have a separate checking account, also, that each month I put about $10 dollars in, and labeled it my Christmas account! That did help for a couple of years! I really should start that again, for next year:)
My strategies aren't very organized, I just always go down the clearance, and keep my mind open to what the children want or like! They don't always get what they wanted, but they always love what they get! There have been times that they are even happier they didn't get what they asked for!!!!!
Click up above for more strategies at 12 Weeks 2 Christmas.

1 comment:

HDMac said...

Well, you do what you can and the kids always LOVE what they get! And you create memories - that is more important.... teaching out kids to share with others less fortunate is a good things also.